The term 'Student Room Flat', 'FIFTYFIVE s.r.o', 'SRF' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is FIFTYFIVE s.r.o.//Student Room Flat, Jana Masaryka 43, Vinohrady, 120 00 Prague 2, Czech Republic. Our company registration number is CZ27591123.
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The terms and conditions for leasing the Apartment named below from Student Room Flat (contracting in the capacity of Lessor) are specified below. In no circumstances may the Apartment which is the subject of this lease be the Lessee's principal residence or an addition to it, as defined below an essential condition for this undertaking. For practical purposes it is recalled that the lease is limited to specific dates which can only be extended by written agreement between the two Parties. The Apartment named below by Student Room Flat (contracting in the capacity of Lessor) is specified below. In no circumstances may the Apartment which is the subject of this lease be the Lessee's principal residence or an addition to it, as defined below an essential condition for this undertaking. Effectively, it is recalled that the lease is limited to specific dates which can only be extended by written agreement between the two Parties.
Clause 1: Acceptance of terms and conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you as a user and Student Room Flat. The Terms and Conditions as set out in this document apply to the entire use of the platform www.student-room-flat.com.
2. Student Room Flat offers the usage of its platform, in particular the use of the database, solely on the basis of the Terms and Conditions as set out in this document. By accessing student-room-flat.com and using the platform offered by Student Room Flat, you implicitly consent to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Student Room Flat may at any time modify or amend these terms and conditions effective for the immediate future. Student Room Flat is not obliged to give users prior notice of any amendment taking effect, however will inform you of any changes by e-mail and/or by posting a notification on the website. It is the responsibility of the User to remain up-to-date with these Terms and Conditions.
Clause 2: Student Room Flat rights
1. By using the website and making use of our services, you hereby grant Student Room Flat the following rights:
- The right to refuse access to the Student Room Flat platform without prior notice
- The right to suspend, amend or disable your profile and/or account for any reason without prior notice
- The right to update the website, fees and billing methods without prior notice
- The right to update these Terms and Conditions at any time
- The right to report you to the relevant local authority should SRF, at its sole discretion, believe that your conduct is unlawful
- The right to refuse any booking request without any reason, at SRF or landlord's discretion
2. We are entitled at any time to discontinue the website and services without being liable either to compensate or to indemnity for damages. Should such circumstances arise we will notify you within reasonable time.
Clause 3: Payment for booking
1. A lease is granted and confirmed when (i) Student Room Flat has received the payment of the booking fees and deposit, and (ii) the lessee has also received a confirmation by email confirming the booking. The rental agreement is then conclude between the lessee and the lessor; and its is signed at the lessee arrival in his accommodation or at SRF offices.
2. In case of late booking, ie. less than 15 days before the lease start date, the lease is granted and confirmed when (i) Student Room Flat has received the payment of the booking fees, deposit and first rent, and (ii) the lessee has also received a confirmation by email confirming the booking. The rental agreement is then conclude between the lessee and the lessor; and lease contract is signed at the lessee arrival in his accommodation.
2. Booking fees are a commission for Student Room Flat. Booking fees are not refundable.
3. Booking fees are calculated according the lenght of the stay of the Lesse as following:
- 0-2 months : 20% of total rent + VAT
- 2-6 months : 15% of total rent + VAT
- 6-9 months : 10% of total rent + VAT
- 9-12 months : 9% of total rent + VAT
Actual VAT in Czech Republic for related services is 21%
4. The dates filled in by the lessee for the booking are considered as the dates of the Lease of the accommodation. Those dates will be used as dates of begining and end of the lease. Rent should be paid accordingly, even if the lessee decides to check in later in his accommodation.
5. Once booking fees and deposit were paid by the lessee, the lessee cannot change his lease dates anymore and is commited to rent his accommodation and pay rent accordingly to the lessor.
Clause 4: Payment of the rent
1. The Lessee undertakes to pay a monthly rent for the use of the Subject of the Lease and the Property including the equipment and excluding the utilities (hereinafter also the “Rent”).
2. The first rent shall be paid at least two weeks before the lease start date. In case of late booking, ie. less than 15 days before the lease start date, the first rent shall be paid at the booking along with booking fees and deposit.
3. In case first rent is paid late or is not paid, Student Room Flat reserves the right to cancel the lessee booking and the lease. Sums (booking fees and/or deposit) which were already paid by the lessee to student room flat will be retained as penalty.
Thus, the reservation may be cancelled and sums paid by the Lessee, retained by Student Room Flat. And Student Room Flat can look for a new tenant for the accommodation
4. The payment of all other rents has to be done monthly, by the last day of the previous month.
5. The total rent as advertise in Student Room Flat website is divided in the Lease contract in 2 amounts: rent, utilities and cleaning fees if applicable, except if expressly presented otherwise on Student Room Flat website.
6. Default of payment:
If the Rent or any other payment which the Lessee is obliged to pay according to the Lease Contract is not entirely paid by the due date, there will be a late penalty payment (in Czech: „poplatek z prodlení“) as set under the Czech law in the amount of 0.1% of the due amount for every day of the delay beginning the first day after the Rent or other payments are due and ends the day when the Rent or any other payment have been paid together with the late penalty payment resulting from the delay.
Clause 5: Refundable guarantee deposit
1. A refundable deposit shall be paid by the Lessee to Student Room Flat at the beginning of the booking process to meet any possible damage attributable to the Lessee or the occupants under his name during the stay. The deposit amount is one month rent including utilities and cleaning fees.
2. The deposit does not constitute a ceiling for liability. Where possible damages exceed this amount, the Lessee undertakes to pay the additional amount to Student Room Flat or Lessor within 15 days from claim (accompanied by related documentary evidence).
3. The Lessee has to give to the Student Room Flat on behalf of the Lessor a security deposit (hereinafter “Deposit”); the Lessee expressly agreed that the Lessee is not entitled to any interest on the Deposit. The Deposit will be used as payment for any costs arising from the Lessee’s obligations under the Lease Contract, as for all missing payment of Rent and Utilities, as well as underpayment of Rent and Utilities, sanctions (interest, late payment fees etc), cleaning costs and any possible unpaid costs or damage to the Subject of the Lease or the Property or in the common areas of the building, or otherwise as allowed under the lease Contract or under the law. In case the Deposit is used by the Lessor in accordance with this section, the Lessee shall restore its used amount in full within 7 (seven) days after the date of an email by the Lessor by which the Lessee has become aware of the amount spent to be restituted into Lessor´s account (the Lessor shall inform the Lessee of the use of Deposit by email, if possible)
4. The unused amount of the Deposit will be returned to the Lessee by the Lessor or by Student Room Flat on behalf of the Lessor, minus bank fees, if any, within forty (40) days after final account of consumption costs owed by the Lessee and after the final account of possible damages caused by the Lessee to the Subject of the Lease, the Property and common areas of the building. The Lessee has the obligation within at least 4 days after the check out of the Lessee to fill in its complete international bank details in his Customer space on Student Room Flat website so the Deposit can be sent back, otherwise the Lessor will not be able to return the Deposit.
Clause 6: Methods of Payment
1. Payment for the booking fees, deposit and all rents shall be made by bank card (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro) in czech crowns through our system on Student Room Flat website.
2. Credit card and Paypal costs are at the Lessee charge.
Clause 7: Electricity, water, gas, internet, cleaning, noise disturbance
1. The Rent does not include the costs of services used within the Subject of the Lease and the Property, i.e. proportional participation on consumption gas, electricity, internet and consumption of water and sewage and proportional participation on electrical costs in common area of the building (light, etc.), cleaning of common area of the building, disposal of garbage from the shared bins placed in the courtyard of the building and proportional participation on property management and housekeeping of the building, maintenance of the courtyard, etc. (hereinafter “Utilities”). Utilities should be paid additionally per month payable monthly in advance along with the rent of the previous month. The Lessor reserves the right to change these amounts according to the real consumption related to the Apartment and counted based on occupied rooms there, excessive consumption of the Lessee compared to average consumption, real consumption for the building, change in prices charged by the contractors, and possible legislative changes.
Also, in some apartments as part of the Utilities a weekly basis cleaning of the common areas of the Property is being additionally charged to the Lessee, based on the occupancy of the number of people – tenants – sharing the Property ; in the event the number of tenants is lower, Lessor shall cover the charge for the missing number of tenants and the Lessee´s part shall therefore not be increased.
However the Lessor reserves the right, if the apartment is left in an unreasonable state, to deduct from the Lessee's deposit a sum corresponding to the cost of additional cleaning. This share of the Utilities shall be paid in advance along with the rent, until the last day of the preceding month.
2. Student Room Flat or the Lessor can not be held responsible for any noise pollution or other disturbances coming from any works going on in other apartments in the same or nearby building. Neither can Student Room Flat or the Lessor be held responsible for any noise or other disturbances coming from any public work. Student Room Flat or the Lessor cannot be held responsible for any occasional noise pollution coming from an adjacent apartment.
Clause 8: Check-ins and Check-outs policies
1. Once the booking is confirmed by Student Room Flat, the Lessee shall receive a booking confirmation email explaining how to proceed for the check-in. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to provide further informations regarding its check-in date and time in his/her customer space in order to facilitate an easy and successful move in. All information must be registered in the customer space of the Lessee of our platform at least seven days before the lease start date, otherwise the Lessor cannot guarantee he will be available at the day and time requested by the Lessee.
2. Your Lessor will confirm you by email if he accepts your check in date and time. If he doesnt, we will contact you so you can find a suitable day/time for both of you.
3. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to provide further informations regarding its check-out date and time in his/her customer space at least two weeks before his lease ends in order to facilitate an easy and successful move out, otherwise the Lessor cannot guarantee he will be available at the day and time requested by the Lessee.
4. Your Lessor will confirm you by email if he accepts your check out date and time. If he doesnt, we will contact you so you can find a suitable day/time for both of you.
3. Check-ins and Check-outs are not possible on week-ends, outside of office hours (9 a.m to 6 p.m, monday to friday, UTC+01:00) and during Czech national holidays.
4. Check-ins and check-out are not performed by Student Room Flat Team, but by the Lessor or its representative. Hence Student Room Flat cannot be held responsible for any problem occuring during Check-ins or Check-outs.
Clause 9: Cancellation
1. In the event of cancellation of a booking, the Lessee is not freed from obligations towards Student Room Flat and his Lessor. In this respect, the following rules of cancellation apply:
- If cancellation occurs more than one month before the lease begining date, booking fees will be kept by Student Room flat. Deposit will be refund to Lessee.
- If cancellation occurs between 15 days and one month before the lease begining date, booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat and deposit will be kept by the Lessor.
- If cancellation occurs less than 15 days before the lease start date, booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat, deposit and first rent will be kept by the Lessor.
- If Lessee doesn't inform the Lessor of his arrival date and time via his customer space or via email at the latest by the day the Lease should begin, his booking is considered as cancelled. Booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat, and deposit and first rent will be kept by the Lessor.
- If the Lessee doesn't pay his first rent at least two weeks before his lease date starts, his booking is considered as cancelled. Booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat, and deposit and first rent will be kept by the Lessor.
Sums that are not refunded, as appropriate, will be retained by their Lessor as penalty and in order to compensate for loss resulting from cancellation of the reservation.
3. Cancellation can be done via email by the Lessee to Student Room Flat.
4. In the improbable event that Student Room Flat were to cancel the Lessee booking for reasons beyond its control or because of an event of force majeure, sums paid will be refunded in full to the Lessee. If you wish we can do all that is necessary to provide as best we can alternative accommodation in another apartment of an equivalent category. In the event of refusal of the alternative accommodation offered by Student Room Flat, the latter will not be liable to pay any compensation to the Lessee.
5. Student Room Flat reserves the right to cancel the booking and follow the rules mentionned above concerning cancellation for the following reasons :
- First rent was not paid by the Lessee at leat two weeks before before the beginning of the lease.
- The Lessee did not inform the Lessor of their check-in date and time through their customer space or by email by the day his Lease should begin.
6. The Lessee has the obligation to respect the entire period of his lease contract except for the reason mentionned below:
The Subject of the Lease and the Property become unfit for dwelling through no fault of the Lessee, although this unfitness continues or is recurrent even after the written notification from the Lessee of more than another two (2) weeks after the notification has been delivered to the Lessor by letter, email or personally.
7. In case the Lessee decides to terminate the Lease period before the end of the Lease mentioned in his contract, Deposit will be kept by the Lessor as penalty and at the same time the Lessee shall be held responsible for all outstanding Rent payments.
Clause 10: Period of the Lease
1. The Subject of the Lease and the Property are leased for a definite period of time. The lease contract may be extended by Contractual parties agreeing in writing at the latest one (1) month before the termination of the Contract. In case that they don‘t agree, the Lessee agrees to give back the Subject of the Lease and the Property cleaned properly and empty of the Lessee‘s belongings at the latest the last day of the Lease.
2. The Lease shall commence and shall terminate on the dates set by the lessee at his booking.
Clause 11: Lessor and Lessee rights and Obligations
1. This lease is entered into under the ordinary obligations, terms and conditions and the law in such matters and in particular those defined below that the Lessee undertakes to execute and fulfil under penalty of damages and interest and even cancellation of this Lease as the Lessor thinks fit and without the Lessee being able to claim reduction in the rent. The Apartment which is the subject of this lease being fully furnished and supplied, a statement of the condition of the premises and an inventory of the furniture and equipment will be drawn up jointly by the Website and the Lessee at the time of entry to and departure from the premises.
The Lessee is authorized to properly use the Subject of the Lease, the Property and common areas of the building at all times throughout the course of this Contract.
The Lessee undertakes:
- To keep the interior of the Subject of the Lease and the Property in a good and clean state and condition during the entire Lease period and will not damage or injure the Property or any part of it. In case the Property is not kept in clean condition during the entire Lease period, service of a cleaning lady additional to that included in Utilities will be used each week at the Lessee’s costs. In case missing cleaning of the Property and/or Subject of the Lease renders difficult for the other tenants using the Property the use of their leased rooms and the use of the Property, this may be the cause of the termination of the Contact by the Landlord and the claim for damages. Lessee is obliged to admit to the Property a cleaning lady once a week at his own costs, as per continuously updated schedule set by the Lessor and sent to Lessee by email.
- If anything is broken or damaged in the Subject of the Lease and/or Property at the beginning of the Lease and the Lessee does not notify by written notice or email the Lessor within 24 hours after his check in, the Lessee would be held responsible for this damage and will have to cover the costs of the repair; same applies to subsequent damages not caused by Lessee.The Lessee will yield up the Subject of Lease and the Property at the end of the Lease in the same clean state and condition it was in at the beginning of the Lease contract subject to wear and tear.
Damages, including those caused by other tenants using the Property shall be immediately reported by Lessee, by email sent to Lessor.
- To not do or omit to do anything in the Subject of Lease, on or at the Property as well as common parts of the building, which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance to the Lessor or any other occupiers of the Apartment or occupiers of adjoining or nearby premises or which may in any way prejudice the insurance of the Property or cause an increase in the premium payable therefor. A breach of this obligation is a cause for termination of the Lease by the Lessor.
- To obey in full the Accommodation Conditions signed together with this Contract and attached thereto as Attachment 1; the Accommodation Conditions may be changed by Landlord from time to time, with the change communicated by email to Lessee and effective from the first day of the month following the delivery thereof, unless a later date is given. In case of discrepancy between specific obligations under the Contract and the Accommodation Conditions, the Contract shall prevail.
- The Lessee will not use or occupy the Subject of Lease in any way whatsoever other than as a private residence.
- Not to smoke or let any of his guests in the Property and in the Subject of the Lease.
- Given the nature of the Subject of the Lease and the Property, the Lessee will not let or purport to let or share any rooms at the property or take in any lodger or paying guest or, without the consent of the Owner to permit any person to sleep, or stay in the Subject of the Lease and the Property.
- To remove all rubbish and all personal items (including the Sharer’s own furniture and equipment) from the Property before leaving.
- To respect the house regulations, not to disturb the other inhabitants of the apartement and of the building. The Lessee expressly declares that the Lessee shall not have any pet or other animals in the Subject of the Lease unless agreed in writing with the Lessor.
- Not to carry out any structural or other alterations of the Subject of the Lease without the written consent of the Lessor.
- Not to sublet the Subject of the Lease or any part thereof to any other subject without written consent from the Lessor; this obligation is based on the structure of the Apartment and the letting thereof.
- To store waste / garbage in bins entirely designed for this purpose and to select the waste for recycling.
- To pay for all damages arising from the neglect or carelessness of the Lessee. The Lessee is also obliged to bear the costs of repairs, replacements or renovations of the Subject of the Lease and Property, or its equipment, if the relevant damage does not reflect so called usual wear and tear or if it is not, with respect to Property, proved that the damage was caused by another occupiers of the Apartment or their visitor(s).
- To observe all fire, safety and hygienic regulations on the property and in the Subject of the Lease and take necessary precautions to prevent hazardous conditions and care for the equipment.
- To arrange and pay for minor repairs or replacements (as change a bulb, fix curtain, fix internet connection, fix a leak, etc.) in accordance with methodology of government regulations no. 258/1995 Coll. and up to the amount of CZK 1,500 (in words: one thousand and five hundred Czech Crowns) per each case.
The Lessor shall bear all expenses in connection with the repairs or replacement, as the case may be, of the basic appliances, such as heating, plumbing or electricity during the whole course of the this Contract, provided that such repairs or replacements do not derive from the willful negligence or careless of the Lessee or damaged by the Lessee.
- To agree that during all the period of the Lease the Lessor and his/her authorized representative will be allowed to show the Subject of the Lease and the Property to prospective buyers or tenants during agreed upon hours or for the purpose of re-renting with the prior notice by phone or by email and with the Lessee present - if he/she requests so, to the minimum extent required under the Czech law; same applies to entry by a worker sent by Lessor, together with Lessor, to make repairs in the Subject of the Lease as reported or requested by Lessee, unless conditions further in this clause apply.
New tenants for rooms in the Apartment other then the Subject of Lease shall move in after the Lessee has been notified by phone or by email, with the Lessee expressly agreeing that due to the nature of the Lease, his or her presence is not a condition to such moving in of a third person.
- To agree that urgent repairs of Subject of the Lease, threatening the Apartment or other people´s property may be carried out without the presence of the Lessee, if he/she cannot be timely reached in person, or by call or email or agrees to this; same applies to any repairs of Property.
- To inform the Lessor without undue delay, of the need for repairs in the Subject of the Lease and the Property the cost of which is to be borne by the Lessor. The Lessee must enable the execution of such repairs, otherwise he shall be liable for the damage arising from non-performance of this obligation and the Lessee will have to pay for those repairs.
- To agree that during all the period of the Lease, the Lessor and his/her authorized representative will be allowed to check the Subject of the Lease and the Property with one (1) working day notice by phone or by email, with Lessee present – or having granted access to Lessor without Lessee´s presence - in the Subject of the Lease.
- To be responsible for any damages arising from a breach of its obligations described above. The above repairs shall be carried out without unnecessary delay if allowed by their nature at the Lessee’s costs.
- To arrange an insurance in the Subject of the Lease and the Property at its own costs, including third party liability insurance. The Lessor is obliged to provide necessary assistance in arranging such insurance agreement.
- To keep he Subject of the Lease locked at all times when Lessee is not presently in it.
- To occupy the premises for residential purposes only without exercising any business, professional, industrial or other activities whatsoever or to organise parties or improvised meetings, the Lessee acknowledging that this Lease as only being granted for temporary residence.
- To do nothing that would damage the peace of the neighbourhood or that of other occupants or to create any problems for them whatsoever, in particular where it is a lease in a co-owned property. In particular, the Lessee shall ensure not to make unreasonable noise between 10pm and 8 am as stated by the Czech national law.
- To occupy the premises personally, this being provided only for persons identified and specified above sleeping on the premises, except with the agreement of the Lessor and under penalty of cancellation of this Lease by right and the Lessee undertakes in this respect not to sub-let all or part of the let premises.
- To live in a responsible way and to maintain the premises in good working order and maintenance. All installations are provided in good working order and any claim regarding them occurring more than 24 hours after entry will not be accepted. Repairs costs, after this time limit, shall be borne by the Lessee who will also be responsible for the electrical installations being handed back in perfect order.
The Lessor undertakes:
- To provide for the use of the Lessee the Subject of the Lease and the Property in a good condition, clean as well as fully functional at the commencement of the Lease.
- To insure the Subject of the Lease and the Property with an insurance company and keep it insured for the whole period of the lease.
2. The Lessor cannot guarantee the continuity of public services or water, electricity, gas or telephone or the deprivation of availability of the lift, for whatever term, where it results from the stoppage of equipment, to put them in good working order or to carry out unforeseen repairs in advance, or where the stoppage is caused by an event of force majeure which is beyond the control of the Lessor, at all events, the latter decline liability for deprivation or reduction in use that cannot be attributed to them. Nevertheless, the Lessor undertakes to use all best efforts in order to remedy dysfunctions as quickly as possible. In the event of breach of the above provisions, the Lessor may cancel this lease without notice. It will retain sums paid as damages and interest, it being specified that it reserves the right to demand additional damages and interest where its loss exceeds the sums retained.
3. In the event of the sale of the Subject of the Lease, subject matter of this Contract, this Contract shall subsist with full force and effect for the remaining lease period.
Clause 12: Equipment
1. If any of the equipment in the Apartments breaks down, the Lessee shall inform the Lessor as soon as possible. The Lessor undertakes to use its best efforts to carry out the repair as soon as possible. Nevertheless, not themselves having the means to carry this out, the time delay for the repair will depend on the means used by the Lessor as well as the equipment supplier s aftersales service.
Student Room Flat may not as a result be liable for potential delays in repair which are beyond its control.
2. Minor repairs or replacements (as change a bulb, fix curtain, fix internet connection, fix a leak, etc. ) are being paid and arranged by the Lessee in accordance with methodology of government regulations no. 258/1995 Coll. and up to the amount of CZK 1,500 (in words: one thousand and five hundred Czech Crowns) per each case. The Lessor shall bear all expenses in connection with the repairs or replacement, as the case may be, of the basic appliances, such as heating, plumbing or electricity during the whole course of the this Contract, provided that such repairs or replacements do not derive from the willful negligence or careless of the Lessee or damaged by the Lessee.
Clause 13: Accomodation conditions
1. You will have 24 hours to check meters, your room and common parts and inform us by email with pictures if you have any comments you want to add to the check-in protocol. After this period, if nothing is declared, you will be held responsible for anything not mentioned on your check in protocol.
2. Check-ins and Check-outs are not possible on week-ends, outside office hours (9 a.m to 6 p.m, Monday to Friday, UTC+01:00) and during Czech national holidays.
3. You must have a valid third party liability insurance to cover the entire period of your stay. We can provide a contact for a local insurance company in Prague.
4. You may not leave your room before the lease end date. In case you decide to terminate the lease period before the lease end date mentioned in your contract, your deposit will be kept by your landlord (as a penalty) and you will be held responsible for all outstanding rent payments.
5. Deposit will be repaid within 40 days after final account of consumption costs and possible damages. Deduction from the deposit can cover: damage to the property and equipment, missing items, cleaning costs, unpaid rent or early termination of the lease.
6. Duvets and pillows are provided but you must bring your own linens (sheets and towels). You must use bed linen: a duvet cover, pillowcases and fitted sheets to cover the mattress.
7. Please respect your roommates and other tenants living in your building. Quiet hours are from 10 pm through 8 am.
8. You may not host guests overnight in your room/flat without the writing consent of the landlord and the consent of all other tenants.
9. Animals are not allowed in the flat.
10. Smoking is not allowed inside the flat. Non-prescribed or illegal drugs and substances are strictly forbidden in the building.
11. You are responsible for minor repairs or replacements (eg. change a bulb, fix curtain, internet connection, a leak, power cuts…) up to 1,500 CZK at your own costs. It is your responsibility to know how to use and maintain all equipment.
12. The condition of the flat will be regularly supervised by the landlord who can visit you once a month. The landlord will check that the flat is clean and that all equipment is working properly.
13. You must ensure the property is clean and is not damaged by you or anyone else. If the flat is not clean, the landlord reserves the right to send cleaning service at the cost of the tenants. You must respect the Czech recycling system:
- Paper - Blue containers
- Plastic - Yellow containers
- Glass - White and Green containers
- Cardboard boxes from beverages - Black and Orange containers
14. Use electricity, heating and water in an economic Otherwise, you will be charged extra on your utility bill for abusive consumption.
15. Please remind that you share the internet with your roommates.
16. In case you lose your keys, the landlord will provide new keys at your own costs. Do not replace the lost keys or the locks yourself.
17. All mails and packages must be sent at our office. We will let you know by email when we receive something for you so you can come by to pick it up.
FIFTYFIVE s.r.o for First name + Last name, Jana Masaryka 43, 120 00 Praha 2. Czech Republic.
18. Behaviors that will cause your eviction from the property:
- Any type of disruptive behavior including drug or alcohol abuse
- Any behavior that causes the intervention of law enforcement agencies
- Any major violation of the contract/accommodation rules
Clause 14: Claims
All claims made by the Lessee relating to the Apartment and associated services shall be made in writing an email to your Lessor at the latest 24 hours after entry onto the premises, under penalty of being time barred.
Clause 15: Insurance
The Lessee has the obligation to arrange an insurance in the Subject of the Lease and the Property at its own costs, including third party liability insurance. The Lessor is obliged to provide necessary assistance in arranging such insurance agreement.
Student Room Flat will provide the contact of an insurance company to the Lessee.
Clause 16: Termination of the Lease
1. The lease shall terminate by expiration of the duration of the Lease, or earlier upon agreement of the Lessor and the Lessee, as well as the other condition expressly set forth herein, applied to the maximum extent allowed under the Czech law.
2. By express agreement of the Lessee and the Lessor, each Contracting party shall shall be able to terminate the Lease by written notice with a notice period of one (1) month beginning on the delivery of the termination notice to the other Contrating party by mail or personally. The Lease Contract can be terminated by such notice only for the below mentioned reasons:
a. from the Lessor:
- The Lessee is further in breach of his/her obligations under this Contract or under the generally binding legal regulations even after the reasonable period for rectification of the breach has passed as set forth in the written notification by letter, email or personally of such breach, identifying the period for rectification.
- The Lessee has defaulted with payments partly or entirely agreed in this Contract for more than 7 days. Written notification from the Lessor about such delay shall be delivered by letter, email or personally to the Lessee before the notice of termination is given with a 5-day extra period for payment has lapsed and the payment has not arrived in Lessor´s account. In this case the notice period shall be one (1) week and not one (1) month starting the day of the deliver of written notice to the Lessee.
- The Lessee sublets the Subject of the Lease or any of its part to any other subject without a previous written consent of the Lessor.
- In case of damage or danger of damage of the Subject of the Lease or the Property or its equipment as a result of usage of the Lessee.
- The Lessee becomes a nuisance or annoyance to the Lessor or any other occupiers of the Apartment or occupiers of adjoining or nearby premises.
- The Lessee did not insure the Subject of the Lease and the Property. Written notification from the Lessor about such breach shall be delivered to the Lessee before the notice of termination is given. In this case the notice period shall be one (1) week starting the day of the delivery of written notification to the Lessee. In all instances the Lesse shall be held responsible for all outsanding Rent payments.
- Immediate termination under conditions set in Accommodation Conditions.
b. from the Lessee:
- The Subject of the Lease and the Property become unfit for dwelling through no fault of the Lessee, although this unfitness continues or is recurrent even after the written notification from the Lessee of more than another two (2) weeks after the notification has been delivered to the Lessor by letter, email or personally.
3. Any other termination before the lapse of the Lease is only allowed if the particular reason is mandatory termination by written termination reason under the Czech law and not stated under section 2 above; in such case the statutory termination period applies. The Lessee is obliged latest on the last day of the Lease Contract to pass over the Subject of the Lease back to the Lessor clean and empty.
4. After the termination of the Lease the Lessee shall hand over the Subject of the Leasee and the Property in a good condition as he/she accepted it save normal wear and tear. The handover will be made with a written Protocol with notes about the state of the Subject of the Lease and the Property. If the Lessee fails to hand over the Subject of the Lease and the Property in a clean and empty state, the Lessee will pay a fixed fee of CZK 1,200 (in words: one thousand and two hundred Czech Crowns) to cover cleaning costs. This fee will be deducted from the Deposit. The Lessee must pay the Rent and Utilities for the entire period of the Lease, i.e. from commencement day until the day the Lease is terminated according to the Contract; unless otherwise expressly stated herein, the Rent and Utilities are thus to be paid for the term.
5. In case when the Lessee will not fulfill his obligations mentioned in art.3, the Lessor and the Lessee have agreed that there will be a fixed rent for the use of the Subject of the Lease and the Property in the amount of CZK 1,200 (in words: one thousand and two hundred Czech Crowns) for every day of such delay with handing over the Subject of the Lease and the Property. A late hand-over of the Subject of the Lease does not lead to an extension of the lease for a new term under this Contract.
6. The Lessee has the obligation to respect the entire period of the lease contract except for the reasons mentionned in art. 2 b). In case the Lessee decides to terminate the Lease period before the end of the Lease, the Deposit will be kept by the Lessor as penalty and at the same time the Lessee shall be held responsible for all outstanding Rent payments.
7. In case the Lessee will breach any of his/her obligations mentionned in clause 11, the Lessee will pay a fee related to the costs of the Lessor related to the remediation of the breach of the Lessee´s obligations, which shall amount to up to CZK 2,500 including administrative and/or legal fee for cease and desist letter/email (in words two thousand and five hundred Czech Crowns) for each time the Lessee wil breach an obligation mentioned in these articles; the Lessee expressly agrees with this provision of the Contract and the Lessee´s obligations thereunder.
Clause 17: Your use of the website
1. The continued usage of the website and services of student-room-flat.com by Users is always deemed as a form of implied consent and agreement to the most recent and updated version of these Terms and Conditions.
2. If you accept or agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and Conditions. Student Room Flat may require you to provide evidence of your power of representation.
3. The website and services offered by Student Room Flat are intended solely for persons who are above the legal age of majority in their country of residence, i.e. 18 years in most European countries, or under supervision of such person. Any access to or use by anyone under the legal age of majority is prohibited. By accessing or using our platform you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least the legal age of majority or older in your country of residence.
5. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
7. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
8. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
9. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
10. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
11. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Czech Republic.
12. You are not allowed to use the website and services in a way that results in damage or harm to Student Room Flat and/or third parties.
13. You are not allowed unauthorized access to the website with account credentials of another person i.e. by using forged credentials or by circumventing any technical security measures, regardless whether these measures are actually adequate or not.
14. You are not entitled to distribute viruses or other software on the website and services which may result in harm to Student Room Flat.
15. You are not entitled to use the website to send unsolicited messages.
16. You will administer the credentials to use the website in good faith. Therefore it is not permissible to disclose credentials to any other party. If you suspect that your credentials are in the possession of a third party you undertake to notify Student Room Flat immediately.
17. You are not allowed to act in noncompliance with any law or regulation, or to infringe any intellectual property rights.